Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What joy is in the Blessing!

Have I mentioned how much I love morning mass? I mean, there are fewer people, so if I goof up, it's a lot more noticeable, but there are also fewer people to see, and they're kind enough to not point it out. Anyway! Not the point!

Normally, when I go to mass, I just sort of sit awkwardly during the Eucharist because, well, I'm not Catholic, but I was advised that Tuesday that I could go forward and receive a blessing (I'd heard that you could do such, but I generally don't trust the internet), so I did so this morning. Aside from the initial nerves (which is pretty close to my usual state), it was fantastic! I've had warm fuzzy feeling ever since!

After mass I decided to kill some time until a certain store opened up. I'm pretty sure it's the closest thing to a Catholic book store we have, which is kind of sad, but I picked up a few things, including a pocket guide to mass! It's meant for kids, but still! This is what I've been hoping to find for a month now!

Anyway, killing time! I ran into a...friend? Acquaintance? Some one I knew, and we had coffee, and walked around until the store opened. Aside from the little guide, I picked up two little saint medals, St. Brigid and Blessed Teresa, a saint card for St. Dymphna to send to my sister along with the chaplet, a card of Mary with Hail, Holy Queen on the back (in hopes of helping me memorize it), and a small crucifix for a rosary. 

When I finished up there, my friend and I walked back to the Cathedral. He's never been inside before! How can you be near a church like that for months and never go in? Or am I just weird? I'm just weird, never mind. 

There's an older gentleman who always sits outside the front door. I think he's homeless, but he's very nice. I like to talk to him when I can spare the time. Apparently he had a rough night last night, which I don't really understand. He's such a nice person, I don't know why anyone would want to hurt him or cause him trouble. 

Anyway, bet that sounds incredibly naive, doesn't it? 

I've got to figure out what I want for lunch, and what to pack for dinner, as well as finish some laundry. I'll talk to you later!

Yours always,
Tara