Friday, August 8, 2014

Minor Disappointments

So, L was unable to go with me this afternoon to mass. Her baby wasn't feeling to hot, so she asked if she could go with me Sunday instead. This means that Sunday, I will once more brave the crowds at the Cathedral instead of trying the (slightly) smaller parish of the priest who's working with me.

Well, I hope he is, anyway. Still haven't heard from the deacon, so, in keeping with what I was told Tuesday, I'm going to email the priest. If he doesn't get back to me by Wednesday, I'll be making phone calls again.

Is it obvious how frustrating I find this to be, dear readers?

I also stopped by the store with the Catholic books and such. The only problem is how small a selection they have and how little of it is would be useful to me right now. After I've been confirmed (assuming that's what happens) then it might be good, but right now, most of it would go over my head. Oh well.

Both yesterday and today I have completely ignored my usual rule about cutting back on soda. Yesterday was because I needed quarters for parking, and today because, so far, I just wanted a coke. After I finish this one, I'm back to tea and kool-aid.

The bottom just fell out with a resounding CRACK! I mean, really! I'm hoping it clears up within the next ten minutes, because I have to go out and would rather not drive in that sort of weather. No because I don't like driving in the rain, but because I don't like the way other people drive in the rain.

It's like a little in-climate weather and suddenly no one can remember how to drive and frankly it's annoying.

I don't mind them being cautious, but there's a difference between caution and stupidity.

Anyway, I'll chat with you later, my dears.
Yours always,
Tara