Monday, August 18, 2014

I wonder if this is how my dinner feels

We have no air conditioning tonight, which means that the internal temperature of the building is a balmy 95*F and slowly dropping as it gets later.....and I do mean slowly.

Roasting alive aside, (which makes me wonder if this is what it feel like to be a chicken baking in the oven), let's talk about everything that's happened since Saturday. Well, Friday, really, since I didn't do a personal post on Saturday. Mainly because nothing really happened on Saturday. I got a birthday card from my dad (Thanks Daddy!) and got started on going through the enormous amount of clothes I have amassed.

Sunday was much more interesting. I went to the Latin mass at the Cathedral. It was really interesting, and I'll probably continue to go occasionally, but I enjoy the regular mass service as well. Next time, I'll be sure to grab one of the missals on the back table. I didn't even know they had them until right as service was beginning. Great time for them to make that announcement.

I stopped by the mall after church and had a gyro, then hit the craft store and bought some ribbon for the Cabbage Patch baby hat my mom asked for. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. After that it was home for dinner (pizza) and a movie. I mixed up a quick little drink that I'm calling the Irish Mob. It's a twist on the Godfather (Amaretto and Scotch) that I made with Amaretto and Irish Whiskey. After eating, I settled down with my drink and The Boondock Saints for a late evening in.

This morning, I went with my mom and her friend to a 4D ultrasound. I don't know if any of you have seen a 4D ultrasound before, but it's really cool! You can see so much detail! We also found out that Little Bird isn't all that little! My sister is so long that she's pretty much folded double across my mom! She literally always had her knees up on her chest and had no where else to put them!

It was really cool though! She has a head full of hair, and a button nose and chubby cheeks and pudgy hands and it was awesome!

How cool is it that we have the technology to do that? To actually look into the womb and see a child with that much detail! We could see that she had her eyes open for crying out loud! We could see and recognize all of her little fingers and toes! We could see her face! Every little feature of her face, her eyes, her nose, her mouth, her cheeks, her chin, her ears!

Sorry, I didn't do much gushing at the time because I was too busy watching the screen. It was really cool.

Of course, now I'm a little worried that none of the mittens I made will fit...might need to buy a little more yarn for the Christmas dress too.

But! Little Bird is healthy, active, and adorable!

Anyway, I'm listening to Catholic Answers Live while sitting here waiting to go home. I've got two pairs of booties, one pair of mittens, and another hat to make for Shawna, a chaplet for Our Lady Star of the Sea to make, I'm planning on making a Christmas rosary, and all of my Christmas knitting. I'm going to start on Granma's shawl as soon as I finish Shawna's baby knitting, which will hopefully be Friday, and hopefully I'll be able to start on the Angel dress for Little Bird after she's born, give me a little bit better idea of what the size will need to be, and until then, I've got five pairs of socks to knit.

Still haven't figured out what to do for mom, and I've got a shawl I'd like to make for myself. Plus a hat to go with my yellow socks.

The good news is that I have plenty to do when there's nothing going on at work. The bad news is that yarn can be expensive. I've got my eye on some yarn at knitpicks. Next time they have a sale, I'm stocking up!

Yours always,
Tara