Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Punctured balloons and the importance of positive thought

My day started off really good. An early start to the day, mass, coffee with a friend, and my copy of Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn arrived! All in all, a good and profitable morning. This trend continued on into the evening. Until about an hour ago when my boss informed me that he was cutting a full day off of my work week, taking my time for the week, starting next pay-period, from 42hrs to 32 hrs.

Now, my paycheck will still be sufficient for my needs, thank God, but that's still a roughly $200 dollar pay cut. I've already canceled my ancestry.com account, so that'll help, and once I fix the front end alignment on my truck, I really don't have any major purchases. I have decided to start looking for a new job, and who knows? Maybe I'll be able to get a job that will allow me to take part in RCIA classes, which would be nice.

With all of this said, I have decided that I am NOT! going to let this destroy the good mood I've had since mass this morning, and I'm thinking I might go to mass tomorrow morning too! I think I might be able to finish my book by tomorrow too!

It's so interesting to read how Mr. Hahn and his wife went from being die-hard Protestants, to being Catholic. Honestly, the more I read and research, the more it looks like the right way. Jury is still out though. I'll keep you posted.

In other news, I'm considering applying for a temp job overseas. I've decided that I'll do some research, ask some questions, and if it's a good deal, I'll apply. I'll hold off until at least January, longer if I do decide the road to Rome is right, and then if it's all good, I'll go for it.

The job's in Germany, which is great, because I lived there for six years and I loved it. I'm not very fluent in German, but I can work on building my fluency better in Germany than I can here in the States, and language fluency at level 3 or 4 would look good on a resume, right? I'd like to eventually achieve level 5 fluency, but I'm not even sure I'm level 5 fluent in English so I'm not holding my breath.

It's also pretty close to the area I lived in before, so I've got a pretty good idea of what to expect. They'll pay airfare and provide lodging. I'm actually hoping, if I do go, that my sister will go with me and we can room together, because that'll be pretty awesome!

All in all, I guess the best thing I can do is ask, dear readers, that you pray for me. Pray I find my way, and pray for open doors, and if I can not have open doors, pray for open windows!

Yours always,
Tara