Monday, August 4, 2014

Testing- 1,2,3,

So, I started my morning off with some basic computer goofs. After spending three minutes huffing at my laptop, I finally restarted it. Amazing how much turning it off and then on again can fix, no?

Anyway, with that out of the way, let's get caught up, shall we?

I got home Saturday evening to a box from knitpicks! My yarn and needles came in! I'm a little worried that I didn't get quite enough of the one yarn (but this is a normal fear for me, and tends to be why I collect yarn at the rate that I do), and honestly, it's a bit of a pain. My granma, bless her, is helping me get it wound up safely. I'm not sure why it doesn't all come pre-wound, to be honest. I mean, I can't imagine that most people have equipment in their homes to do it. Oh well, I will triumph....eventually.

I finished my first sock. No pictures yet, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out! I had to cut the one chart short, or it would have been to long. I think I can go a row or two further, but the one sock fits pretty well, so all in all, I'm quite pleased.

After I finish the second sock, it's back to baby knitting. I still have two pair of mittens, a pair of booties, and three hats to make for Shawna, plus a pumpkin baby hat for Little Bird and hopefully I can crank out a small baby blanket before she's born. I also have to get started on my Christmas knitting, which includes socks, shawls, scarfs, ornaments, a knitted advent calendar, and a baby dress. Thankfully, I have lots of knitting time.

In other news, I went to one of the more local churches on Sunday. It was good! A little awkward, it's hard to be the stumbling non-Catholic in a church that small, but on the whole, it was enjoyable. I sat in the back pew, so no padded bench for kneeling (ouch!) and I was right under the organ, which sounded a little off. Out of tune maybe? But the service was good, and I enjoyed the sermon. The priest was talking about the five loaves and the two fish, and how we often focus on the power the went into the miracle, and not on the love and generosity that went in to it.

Also, interestingly enough, they gave me (and all the other first timers) a rosary ring.
The picture isn't the best, but you can still see it. I rather like it, honestly. I've been thinking about getting one of the ones that are more suited to actually being worn all the time. I've attached this one to my key ring. If nothing else, it keeps it handy.

Oh! I showed my granma around Ravelry last night. I don't know if she was as excited about it as I always am, but she got a couple of patterns for baby afghans, so I'll call it a success. She crochets. I  think she has two or three blankets in the works right now, but hey, I can't judge. I have a list with 50 million projects on it (mild exaggeration) and chances are, she'll finish those blankets before I get half way down my list. 

Anyway, I've got things to do before I head to work, so I'll talk to you again this evening. 
Hope you have a great day!
Tara