Thursday, August 7, 2014

A slow night

I am so bored! It's a slow night here, and it's driving me nuts!  The good side of it is that I can turn the volume up on the computer and listen to Catholic Answers Live, which is nice, but there's usually more going on at this time.

Really, I can't complain, I do enjoy the quiet. It's just a little disconcerting when you aren't expecting, or even hoping for it. (In fact, if you spend more than a day around small children, unexpected silence quickly becomes something dreaded, something I haven't yet gotten over)

Either way, I'm still bored, so that's no help. Idle hands, so to speak. I could knit. I'm less than halfway through a pair of baby booties, but truthfully, I just don't feel like working on them. I have to, I want them done by Sunday so I can give her the booties and the mittens I made earlier this week, I just don't want to work on them.

I've still been attending the evening Sunday school at my mother's church, even while attending mass on Sunday mornings. Part of this is just to see my mother, part of it is because, as much as I think I'm going to swim the Tiber, so to speak, I can't definitively say just yet. And part of it, dear readers, I shamefully, and shamelessly, confess, is because they feed me dinner.

Yep, free food.

My friend Cas has two boys, and the youngest of them apparently thinks it's awesome that his mom can repay me (for picking him up or other such things) with food.

The way I see it, free food is good food. There are a few notable exceptions, and I am careful of where I fix my plate, but generally, if you tell me there will be free food, I will go. I might not listen (several school functions come to mind) but I will eat.

This may, of course, be the wrong thing to do, but I'm 21, almost 22, food is a big priority.

Of course, H would glare at me. For all that I often think with my stomach (even going so far as to navigate by restaurants), I still don't eat as much, or as fast, as she does.

It's actually terribly funny, because we'll go out to eat at this Mexican joint, and they will all order the lunch specials, and I'll have one little chicken enchilada and some chips. Afterwards, as we leave, I'll mention how stuffed I am, and she just glares at me. I'm also usually one of the last ones to finish eating, which I imagine helps.

I also really need to work on my room. It's a bit....well, a lot, of a mess, and it's long since passed ridiculousness.

I guess tonight is just going to be a slow night. Just a short post. I can't promise I'll be back tomorrow morning, but I will definitely post tomorrow night. I have to tell you how mass with L goes!

Yours always,
Tara