Tuesday, August 5, 2014

4 Months!

I asked my mother earlier if she had any idea what she wanted for Christmas and her answer was "That's five months away!"

Four months! And about 22 days, but that's not the point! If I want even a chance to finish my Christmas knitting by then I need to start now! I'm not the fastest knitter. I mean, okay, I can make a pair of baby mittens in an 8hr work day, but that's hardly the point!

Am I the only one freaking out over Christmas?

In other news, I bought the last few pieces for the St. Dymphna chaplet I'm making for my sister. I also have plans for a Our Lady Star of the Sea chaplet and a rosary with St. Joan of Arc as the center. I need to get some bronze chain for the OL Star of the Sea chaplet.

My sister is planning on trying to come down in October for Little Bird's birth, but apparently is struggling with impulse spending. Of course, this is as opposed to her hurting herself, so a little over-spending, as long as she's not going in debt, is a good thing.

I've been trying to budget out my money for next payday. I'm thinking of canceling my membership with ancestry.com. They make it look so easy, but honestly all I've gotten out of it is a headache. I'd much rather spend that money on knitting patterns and yarn if I'm not going to get anywhere with it. I mean, I was expecting birth certificates and marriage licenses(and there are a few of the later) but most of their "info" comes from census data and that stuff is terrible to work with! Especially if you're in the South prior to 1920! So my search for family roots is a flop, and I don't really care. I'm going to talk with my Great-grandma....possibly.

I love my great-grandmother, but she thinks everyone is out to get her, and almost every time she opens her mouth, sewage comes out. If you lead the conversation, like I'd have to, she's usually not so bad. Even so, not fun.

Oh! Have you seen these? Plush St. Patrick and Plush OL Star of the Sea ? Oh my gosh! These are just too sweet! I love these! They're so cute and so simple, and they would be so great for kids because they're soft and accessible! There are probably more variation out there, but those are the two that I found first and just LOVED!

I'm still disappointed about the cathedral. Aside from the aesthetics, it's also, schedule wise, a bit better for me. This, of course, is because it is the cathedral and is also right in the heart of Savannah, which means it offers mass more frequently during the day. For example, I won't be able to attend Friday morning mass at any of the locations because I'm helping my granma, but I can attend afternoon mass.

The down side, of course, is the sheer number of people that attend on Sundays and Holy Days (and let's not even touch upon St. Pat's) which, for little ole me, is quite terrifying. Not exactly high up on my list of things to do.

Either way, one step at a time. Everything will work out.

My birthday is coming up at the end of this month! August 26th I'll be 22 years old. I'm not really sure how to feel about it. I really wanted to do some big Hobbit themed party (I haven't had a party since I was 10) but I just....I haven't bought anything for decoration, and I don't really feel like throwing a party. I already know my paycheck around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years will be lower than my usual paycheck. The front end of my tire needs to be re-aligned and really, all I want is for my family to be there, and that's never going to happen.

Oh, I'll get most of them, but my mom and dad don't get along. Plus, Dad is job hunting right now, and I don't want to put any strain on him (which it would be, because he lives in Colorado) if I can avoid it. I'll be honest, I'm still struggling with the scars their divorce left and I hate that so much.

Because those scars aren't hurting them, those scars are hurting me, and I just want it to stop.

Anyway, I've put off finishing up this second mitten long enough. I've got one more pair after this, and then I've got booties and hats to make.

Feel free to leave your thought, I'd love to read them.
Yours always,
Tara