Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baby hats, tattoo rough drafts, and the blessing of rain

First things first, yesterday I promised you a picture of the cabbage patch baby hat.


It is, quite frankly, a terrible picture. I've got it sitting on a pencil holder and the lighting isn't the best. Hindsight says I attached the pigtails too far up, and I should have made them longer, but I'm not fond of the pigtails at all anyway. The ribbons are light green with two-toned green shamrocks.

You can see my little St. Patrick smiling from where he sits over by my yarn.

I finally got a half-way decent draft of my tattoo design. Being unable to draw is terrible when you have a vivid mind because I know what I want it to look like, but I can't draw worth fish-sticks.
Like I said, rough draft. I'm hoping to put it on my back, just below the mid-point. I think they could probably lay the top line right on top of my scar, which would be nice. I plan on doing most of my tattoos in a cobalt blue, with a little red and maybe some green tossed in. I don't want it to be too big, either.

Our AC is still out at work, which makes the recent rainfall an even larger blessing than usual, having cooled the building enough to avoid heat stroke. I think it's about 80*F in here, which isn't really comfortable, but is cool enough that I'm not sweating like a pig.

I'm not very fond of the guy I'm working with this week. There's nothing really wrong with him, but he's a little condescending and is very knowledgeable about the world. He also likes to poke fun at my knitting, my little St. Patrick, and anything I say that seems naïve to him....which is probably 95% of what I say. Like I said, he's not really a bad guy, but he's not someone I'd choose to hang out with.

I'm supposed to be working on baby knitting for Shawna, but I don't feel like it at all. So tonight I'm working on a hat that I wanted to try. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight, and then I'll start on baby booties tomorrow.  Truthfully, I'm so sick of making the same three patterns over and over that I'm about ready to scream, but I really want to finish that soon.

The building is pretty empty because of the temperature and it's nice and quiet. Ms. L (the lady who cleans the building) is really happy that she got a new carpet cleaner. The other one hurt her back to use. Tomorrow I'll call my boss and verify my schedule this week, give what's going on here this week. I'd love to pick up a couple of extra hours if at all possible.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later!
Yours always,
Tara