Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Planning for a busy day

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day. As is my usual practice, I intend to get up early and go to morning mass at the Cathedral, followed by a variety of errands to run. After mass, I'll grab a bite to eat, and then head to the little Catholic store. This requires I find some productive way to waste about an hour until they open, but I need to pick up a few things, including a rosary made of something a little less delicate than marble. After that I need to swing into Savannah and pick up my Serve Safe certificate, and pick up some yarn and beads. I'm actually thinking about just getting a small crucifix at the store, and then picking up some beads to make another rosary.

I'll be honest, with a few exceptions, I have a hard time buying anything I can make. I'd much rather buy the parts and make it myself. I think this is because making things relaxes me. I also need to pick up bronze chain and eye-pins for the OL Star of the Sea chaplet I have planned. Although, I'm not sure it will be a chaplet, or if it will become a rosary. I was actually thinking about using shells, either as the Aves or the Paters, I hadn't decided yet.

I'm really excited though. My books are supposed to arrive tomorrow, thanks to free Prime two-day shipping. I can't wait to get started reading!

I'm also not sure what to do regarding the priest/RCIA situation. Tomorrow is the day I start calling again, and honestly, I'm so tired of calling that I'll probably just ask if there is a priest who can work with me, and if not, just sign up for the classes and call my boss. Hopefully, some one will be willing to work with me!

I also need to work more around the house. Friday I plan on doing a full clean, since I'm not working, but to do a full clean, I really need to get the majority of the stuff on my bed room floor up and put away. I might need to stop by Goodwill and see if I can't find a hat stand, and maybe see if I can't get that drawer pushed under my bed.

I still have several things of books and clothes to unpack. As I'm unpacking, I really need to go through and take out anything to small or unwanted, without arguing to myself. If I'm going to keep it for the quilt, I need to place it with the rest of pieces.

Truthfully, when I had moved, I had hoped to avoid exactly this. Unfortunately, it all sort of piled together and I don't really know where to put everything because ideally, I'd be able to put everything in a drawer, or on a shelf, and that'd be it. But that's not really how it works. I need more bookshelves, but I have no place for them even if I did get them.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to measure the area by my bead, and maybe move my bed slightly to put a bookshelf there. That would give me more storage. I just can't move the bed to much, or I won't be able to get into my dresser. I mean, I can't reach the bottom drawers right now anyway, but that's the winter clothing, so it's not an immediate concern.

My grammar teacher would be appalled by the over abundance of Is at the beginning of sentences. It's not intentional, but I'm trying to get all of my thoughts in order, and sadly you, dear readers, have to deal with it. Well, if you choose to stick around for it, that is.

Anyway, here's hoping things work out well tomorrow, and I'll talk to you then!
Yours always,
Tara