Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams, baby knits, and staying up past midnight

I got home from work last night to the news that Robin Williams is dead. Of course, everybody has to die at some time, but it's not really something I was expecting to happen. Now, I'm not a huge fan, there are actually several of his movies that I didn't like, but there were many that I loved. Regardless of whether I loved all his movies, or just a few, he was a part of my childhood, and truly it was a good part. So here's hoping.

Moving on to the next topic, baby knits! So I bought and printed off the pattern for the angel dress I'm wanting to make for Little Bird for Christmas. Now, most of the pattern make sense, but the neck band part does not. I think I understand it, but I'm not positive. Hopefully once I get to that part of the pattern it will all make sense.

I don't have to worry about it for a while though. I've got bigger things to worry about. I ordered the yarn for the shawl I'm going to make my granma, and I need to look at the patterns to see what type of yarn I need for the other gifts. I want something annoying bright for P, but that's not the point. I'm hoping to finish up the knitting for Shawna by next week, so I can move on to the pumpkin hat for Little Bird, and the Irish ale socks for me.

Also, I've been having a hard time getting to sleep before midnight. Which, of course, means I don't want to get up in the mornings. I have to tomorrow, because I always go to morning mass on Wednesday, and then I have some errands to run, including a trip back to the little Catholic store to pick up a few things. I also have to pick up my Serve safe certificate and swing into the craft shop for some more yarn. Mom wants a cabbage patch baby hat. I'm happy to oblige.

Even so, I hate when my sleep cycle inevitably hit this point. I have a hard time going to sleep, and a hard time getting out of bed.

My day today is going to be filled primarily with cleaning, and hopefully boxing some stuff up to go to Goodwill. I've got a few things to set aside, but there's a lot I just need to get rid of. There's also some stuff I need to organize, like the t-shirts for the quilt that I want to make.  Right now, they're all over my room, and they need to be together, and out of the way. At least until I'm ready to use them.

Anyway, here's hoping you have a good day, dear readers.
Yours always,
Tara