Monday, August 4, 2014

The Joys of (trying) to get started

I refer, dear readers, to Christmas knitting. The men in my life, whether they like it or not, are getting socks! But the other members of my family are another matter entirely. And then there are my friends to knit for as well.

So far, my list looks something like this...

Socks: H, P, Step-da, Da
Granma: Shawl (Butterflies?)
Ma:....
Sister: Toothless Dragon hat
Little Bird: Angel Dress, baby blanket, Christmas Stocking, Plush toy
Step-ma: Infinity scarf?

Cas: (Doctor Who?)
Hale: Scarf
Hale's son: Dragon toy
Hale's daughter: Sofia the first?
L: Infinity cowl?
L's son: ???

Misc.: Knitted Advent calendar, socks, shawls

My mother is particularly challenging because she's a summer person. She likes wearing shorts and tank tops and sandals. Meanwhile, I daydream about crisp Autumn breezes and pumpkin flavored everything! Hats, scarves, mittens! Cowls and shawls, leggings! Did I mention how much I LOVE being able to cover almost every inch of skin below my neck and not having anyone look at me like I've lost my mind, or dying of heat stroke? I like cardigans and long-sleeves, and jeans, and long socks! Boots, and being able to wear my hair down without over-heating.

And did I mention pumpkin flavored everything, dear readers?

Coffee, cookies, cakes, pies, muffins, butter, tea, soups, bread, scones and more!

Is it October yet? Please?

Spring is nice too, I'm especially fond of March (and St. Patrick's Day...) and the wet, but not overly frigid weather. Well, hopefully. Last year it was miserably cold! I was so grateful we didn't live up North. Just the mere thought of snow is too much.

To be fair, it usually takes me half an hour to warm up after I've gotten cold. And my feet can take up to an hour. Miserable!

I do think I'd enjoy winter a little more if we actually got snow. Not a lot, mind you, but about two inches or so. And no freezing cold rain!

I've just about finished my second sock. I'll take pictures of it when I get home, and post it tomorrow after I get home from meeting with the priest.

Did I mention I'm nervous?  Oh I am so nervous! It's irrational, and with how impatient I've been I shouldn't be nervous, but I am. That's just how life goes, isn't it?

I'm also quite pleased with my goal to cut back on sodas. So far I'm down to one a day, occasionally two. Not bad considering I used to drink four and five a day!

Anyway, I'm going to call it an evening, dear readers, and work on getting this last sock finished. After that, it's mittens, booties, and three little hats.

Yours always,
Tara