Monday, September 29, 2014

Long days, poor internet connections, and disappointing schedules

I've been up since this 6 this morning, which I'm sure to many of you is hardly worth note, but given that I usually don't get to bed until midnight/1am, it's a bit of a thing to me. Truthfully, I need to start getting up earlier. I like watching sunrises, though I prefer to be inside to watch during the winter months, but that's not the point here!

Anyway, I was up early today, and I'll be up early tomorrow as well, because I'm going to swing by my mom's and make sure my brothers get off to school while mom takes Little Bird to her first doctor's appointment. Little Bird is doing quite well, especially given that she was just over three weeks early entering the world. She's tiny though, just a few ounces shy of six pounds, and no fat whatsoever on her tiny body. We had to buy some preemie clothes, because all mom had was newborn size. She's really sweet though, and the boys love her.

In other news, the internet connection on my personal computer here at work is continually mercurial and difficult. I can't listen to Catholic Answers Live, or watch EWTN without skipping, pausing, and glitching. Youtube works fine. Oh! And tonight I tried to watch Catholic TV (a new discovery, which is brilliant) and had worse luck with it than I do EWTN! This is getting ridiculous!

My work schedule is more than a little disappointing this week. I guess that's what happens when you can't work a full week, they cut your hours even more, but I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing. I'm going to talk to my supervisor this week and see what's going on with the schedule. The good news here, I guess, is that I'll be opening the shop a bit sooner than I originally planned. A friend of mine is coming over to help me take pictures of the items I'll be listing. I need to finish the Pieta rosary and the St. Patrick chaplet.

I've also got beads coming for the St. Francis of Assisi/Pope Francis rosary coming soon. I ordered some lovely dark wood beads for it. I've got my eye on some other items, including some resin for jewelry making and some drill bits for bottle lamps, but everything is due time. No rush.

I'm hoping, since my last few plans have fallen through, that I'll be able to make my trip to St. Augustine on the 11th. I don't really want to go alone though, and that looks increasingly like it might be the case. I'm used to this, truthfully, my parents, though they tried, were never very good at planning trips like that (hence, why we never went to Paris, Rome, Whittenburg, or the Medieval jousting in Worms despite living in Germany for 6 years.) Even with the trip to Disney we took before my Papa died. That was me planning that, thanks, and if Papa and Granma hadn't been the primary monetary force behind it, we still would never have made it.

Anyway, all of that aside, I'm looking forward to the week. I'm basically broke, and tired, but I think this week will be a good week.

Yours always,
Tara