Thursday, September 4, 2014

Livestream issues and pumpkin baby hats

As usual, I pulled up the EWTN radio link to listen to Catholic Answers Live, only for what ever reason the link did not want to work, so I had to find a different link. Thank you Ave Maria Radio for your handy live-stream.

I set the baby blanket aside. I just don't have enough time to finish it, so I've casted on a baby hat in orange. I'll add a stem and leaves and make it a pumpkin hat. Little Bird is supposed to be born a little more than a week before Halloween, so it's appropriate.

I've just about finished reading The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whiskey & Song. I love this book! So does H, based on what she's heard from me. Apparently, the 7.1 liters of alcohol consumed by her Slavic ancestors at a normal wedding is something to be proud of. I can't blame her, I feel great pride at shenanigans of my Irish ancestors (as chronicled under Irish Cream, among other entries.)

I am so looking forward to the weekend, and, other than my mother's baby-shower, I have no plans what-so-ever. That sounds nice. I'm going to knock out this hat, work on that blanket, and sleep!

I'm not sure if I want to get up and go to mass in the morning or not. I'm tired, but I don't know if that's because I didn't get enough sleep, or if I've gotten too much sleep lately. All the joy of the human body.

My granma thinks I need to mention it to the doctor when I go on the 12th, but I really think it's just a cycle that I need to break. Get ten minutes too much sleep and you might end up feeling even more like a zombie than if you got ten too few.

I feel better when I drag myself out of bed, but I'm a lazy bum and don't get up if I don't have to. All the fun.

Of course, adding to my lethargy is the weather, with it's on-again-off-again raining. This is good at bedtime when I'm trying to go to bed, but not so much when I'm bored out of my mind at work.

There's a new program on EWTN tonight that I'm looking forward to called Catholics Come Home. It looks like it'll be good.

Anyway, I'm signing off for the night.

Yours always,
Tara