Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blanket process, EWTN, and Saints Alive!

It's Wednesday, and of course that means dragging myself out of bed to go to morning mass. I've considered going more frequently, but gas prices always make me nauseous. I didn't really feel like getting up and going this morning, but when I commit something to my routine I like keep it, and mass always makes me feel better anyway.

Is it mass, or Mass? Help a clueless convert out, please.

Anyway, I was incredibly tired and cold! Autumn is fast approaching, as evidenced by the fact that I'm waking up cold even if it isn't all that cold when I leave the house to go to mass. This is why, though I love Autumn and love the appearance  of winter, I'm not overly fond of these season. Drives me nuts.

I'm investing in leggings and petticoats!

I wonder if women realize just how brilliant petticoats can be! They add two-to-three layers (tulle or cotton, but none-the-less) of material! You can't do that nearly as well with pants! Broomstick skirts, petticoats, and leggings! Layers make cold weather, not only tolerable, but even enjoyable!

I actually have a few things in mind that will look really lovely and keep me nice and warm at the same time, especially if I get the chance to visit my dad, which I'd like to do if the opportunity arises.

Anyway! The baby blanket. I've got the first seven blocks stitched together and have started on the eighth block. I'm both confident that I can finish in time and also terrified that I won't be able to because I'm estimating that I only need eight more blocks, but each block gets progressively larger as I go, and it doesn't include the lacy edge I'd like to add to the edge. I have three days left. Well, four if we count the main portion of Saturday because the baby shower isn't until that evening, but still! That means I have to crank out three block a day!

So I'm a little panicked, especially since I need to get this off the needles and get my other projects on the needles.

I'm thinking about putting the blanket aside and making the pumpkin hat, and then finishing the blanket over the next week. We'll see were I am tomorrow evening.

In other news, I've been enjoying EWTN a lot lately. Well, certain programs of EWTN, that is. I love Mother Angelica, and I found a new program that I really love called Saints Alive! tonight. I love programs like this! I was a history nerd in school.

Which is why history classes suck, because you grow up and realize that they lied to you! They ignored an entire side of the argument, forgot (how convenient *rolls eyes*) important events, and minimized (those bastards!) the contributions of people to suit their own view and it's so irritating!

*sighs* It's enough to make a body spit nails!

Anyway, back to knitting with me. Night all!

Yours always,
Tara