Thursday, September 18, 2014

Heat, walking shoes, and mail

Once again the chiller is out, which means that it is hot at work again. I can't say I'm to terribly surprised, but it's getting ridiculous. It makes me a little nervous about winter, because I heard they close the building when it gets really cold, which means that I probably wouldn't be working, which, of course, means no paycheck. It's enough to make you sick.

In other news, my dad decided to ask the sales rep at the Nike store near where he lives about walking shoes for women, since I mentioned I needed to get a good pair of walking shoes for Tuesday mornings. Did I mention that I have issues with paying more than $40 for shoes? Even my Doc Martens! I bought them off ebay for $35! And he's talking about $80 walking shoes!

Not that I can't see the value, it's just something I struggle with.

I got a package in the mail today from catholicprayercards.org. It was great! I ordered several saint medals, a St. Brigid's Cross charm, a small Pope Francis pectoral cross, and several rosary centers and crucifixes. I'm most excited about the two rosary centers and the crucifixes I picked to go with them though. I've got some beads in mind for the Pope Francis rosary, but I haven't decided on the beads for the Pieta one.

There were two things I really loved about ordering with catholicprayercards.org. First was interaction. Originally, I had ordered a St. Bernadette/Our Lady of Lourdes medal, but they didn't have it in stock. I received an email letting me know and offering me the choice of any equal priced medal. Second, I loved how fast it shipped. As soon as I had let them know which medal I'd like, they shipped the package and it arrived four days later. Everything was in excellent condition and like I said, I'm really excited about the rosaries.

Another thing that I liked was the prayer cards that came with it for free. I thought that was a nice little touch to make the experience that much more memorable.

Good night for now!

Yours always,
Tara