Friday, September 5, 2014

 
I finished the pumpkin baby hat, with little I-cord vine and leaves. You can just barely see my long-suffering St. Patrick sitting underneath it in the picture. He goes with me to work every day, poor fellow. It's not too bad, I hope. He sits on the desk, smiling gently from his perch.
 
I've also almost finished reading The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whiskey & Song, which means I'll be moving on to The Bad Catholic's Guide to Good Living.
 
I get back to working on the baby blanket tomorrow, and I'm so thankful that the weekend is here! I have work to do on my room, more clothes to go through and so on, and I'm going to try and go to morning mass this coming Sunday. I usually attend the 10am mass, because I'm lazy and like to sleep in. It also makes it easier to avoid going to my family's Baptist church.
 
I'd like to start getting everything in order for Christmas soon. Presents, decorations, and such, all prepped and ready for the upcoming holiday season. I know I'm starting early, but I have too, with most of my gifts being hand-knits and with my appalling lack of decorations of any kind, I need to start now so I'm not perpetually broke when the holidays season does arrive.
 
I've got several books on my to-read list, including the Cape Light series, and a variety of Catholic books. RCIA classes start the week following next and I'm excited.
 
There are no Irish dance classes for beginning adults so far, which is disappointing, but not an insurmountable problem, by any means. Man made instructional DVDs for a reason, after all, and it would be more enjoyable than pilates I'm sure.  
 
There's a festival coming up that I'd like to go to. It's on the same ay as my appointment with the tattoo artist, but I'm sure I can work with that. I can go after the appointment, though it'll be nice if I can get a ride, and therefore enjoy the more spirited aspects of the fun without breaking my rule of no drinking after imbibing...even if I am still well under the legal limit. Unfortunately, I live with a tee-o-taler, and I hate putting my mom out. (Besides, if she wasn't pregnant, I'd be the Designated Driver. Or step-dad would be...)
 
There's not much else to say today. Hopefully there won't be any interruption in Saturdays with the Saints, but tomorrow will be kind of busy, so no promises.
 
Yours always,
Tara