Thursday, July 31, 2014

I hate phone calls

Few things are worse than having to make a phone call.

Seriously! You have no idea how grateful I was when Papa John's started online ordering! No phone calls necessary! I hate calling people. I literally have to take a deep breath, and psyche myself up for it. I rehearse what I'm going to say, and try my hardest not to let the person on the other end of the line know that I feel sick with nerves! 

It's not like talking to new people! Surprisingly, I'm usually pretty good at that. But I have phone anxiety like you wouldn't believe! Family, of course, is an exception, but, as my good friend Cas put it "I've seen you about to fall out over ordering a pizza!"

So I called the Cathedral office and one of the local parishes today, since I still hadn't heard from anyone. The Cathedral said they'll call me back. The priest at the local parish is meeting with me Tuesday morning, so we can discuss this in person. It's the same parish I'm planning on attending Friday morning, and it's also the same one my friend Hale's father attends. 

Hale's the "wiccan". 

What can I say, I have weird friends. 

My point though! I hate phone calls, feel incredibly awkward when I have to make them, and would much rather just text, or email, or even snail-mail! At least then I wouldn't stumble over my words.

Moving on, I'm about a third of the way through my first sock. I just finished the heel flap and am about to start the heel itself. I'm honestly not sure how well they'll fit, but even if they don't, at least I'll have made them. And I'll have something to go off of for future reference. 

I'll still be a little heartbroken though. I really do love socks. Especially fun ones. These ones are pretty cool, if a bit of a pain to make (I feel like an octopus trying to juggle all those darn needles! Six needles at any given time, dear readers!). I still need to finish the pair of booties I made for Shawna. It won't take more than three minutes, I just don't feel like doing it right now. 

So, Friday I'm going to one parish, Sunday I'm going to a different one, and honestly, the one I'm visiting Friday will probably be the one I go to more frequently, based on the mass schedule. I still really love going to the Cathedral, and I think there might be one more parish close by that I can look into. 

I've never wanted to live in the North East near my sister, entirely based off my dislike for cold weather (which is completely understandable, dear reader, as I have a hard time warming up after I get cold) but right now, I wouldn't mind so much, because it'd probably be easier to find someone to meet with! 

My impatience is getting the best of me, I think. Do any of you have any tips, or suggestions on how to deal with it?

Yours always,
Tara