Friday, October 3, 2014

Knit, purl, and a very tiny person

I'm hard at work on that baby blanket still. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it at this rate. It's beginning to drive me nuts. Especially since I still have so much more to work on. A dress, a scarf, a shawl, socks, and on and on and on goes the list. Next year, I'm starting in January!

I spent some time with Mom and Little Bird today. Not as much as I would have liked, but still, some time. I had to run into Savannah to try to find something to make it easier for Mom to nurse, only for the store to be out. And, to add to it, the local Walmart had it. I drove in circles, but it was fine.

Little bird is so tiny. Unfortunately, she's just too long for the preemie onesies to fit her. The newborn stuff swallows her. She does have a few outfits, but still. She's just so tiny!

It's been a rather dull day. I went to mass this morning, which was lovely, and spent time with my Mom and sister, which was great. I'm getting better at admitting that, yes, I do want to hold her. Once I'm holding her, I'm fine, it's just saying that I want to hold her that I have trouble with.

Hey, nobody said I was normal.

Other than that though, it's been a dull day. I worked on my room some, made some tentative plans to get another book shelf and maybe a hat stand, if I can find one. I'm waiting for the beads to arrive for the St. Francis of Assisi/Pope Francis rosary I'm planning.

My computer and I continue to be at odds over Catholic TV. It's getting a bit ridiculous. Hopefully I'll be able to work it out soon, because this constant struggle to get it to do what I want is more than a little frustrating.

So far, I've been doing pretty well with praying the rosary nightly. I'm struggling with the bedtime/morning alarm a bit, but we're getting there. Slowly, but with prayers, surely, we're getting there.

I'm not sure if I want to randomly generate a saint tomorrow, or if I want to do something a little different. I'm tempted to do a post on St. Francis, but I'm thinking about finding a saintly Franciscan instead. I'll figure it out, and if you want to leave a comment with your opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Yours always,
Tara