Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Battles with wine corks, store news, and why I haven't been on lately

Wine corks are evil things. They stand firmly between me and the lovely fruit of the vine that is held within a fragile glass bottle. I have this ridiculous fear that I'll somehow manage to apply enough pressure while trying to remove the cork by myself that I'll cause the bottle to break. It's ridiculous, but it's still a fear. I'm not sure whether it's the thought of cleaning up all the glass, or the inevitable bloodshed that would come with it that frightens me, but I'm leaning more towards the glass shards that would need to be cleaned up.

Glass is one of the worst things to cling, second only to corelle ware which, when it breaks, shatters into billions of razor sharp shards that you will still be finding three weeks from now. I speak from experience.

But that's not the point. The point is that I just want a nice relaxing glass of wine, and fighting with the cork generally makes it a slightly less relaxing glass. Now I'm not a wine snob, in fact, I think it's ridiculous, but I do enjoy an occasional glass of a nice moscato or a sweet red blend. Muscadine, while not very well known, it seems, is also a favorite.

Regardless, I don't like fighting with corks. Obviously, I need to buy one of those lovely little corkscrews that make it nice and easy.

In other news, I made my first sale on my store! I'm so thrilled! So far I've had one "favorite" and one sale, but I'm hoping that some of my other stuff will sell. I've got to finish the rosary, and I've got a necklace that I'm working on, as well as a few more pairs of earrings to make, but I'm feeling really good about it. I mean, I sold something! I was so worried that everything would just sit there and nothing would happen with it.

I haven't been on lately. I've just been going through one of my phases where I just don't feel like talking a lot. Sometimes I want to talk to certain people only, and other times, I just can't bring myself to talk to anyone. Even myself. My mind just empties itself and all that's left is a tune to focus on. Sort of like a white noise machine almost.

Of course, added to that is some stuff I'm trying to plan regarding the quickly approaching month of December. Where did all the time go? I still have so much to do, and so little time, and, God help me, even less money.

Anyway, I guess I really just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and on here, I just haven't been up to posting anything. I've got some ideas rattling around inside my head, so we'll see where we end up.

Yours always,
Tara Hills